Basic climate phenomena: Simplified models and GCM simulation
- Snowball Earth
- Martian Seasonal Cycle
- Mechanisms of polar amplification
Finite Element Methods
- Parallel 2D Discontinuous Galerkin advection toolkit
- Tiresius -- package for visualizing data on unstructured meshes
FOAM Model Development
- Improvement of ocean model (om3) numerics
- Parameterization improvements to make the thermohaline circulation more realistic.
- Improved run control for om3
- Expanded access to planetary parameters (esp. rotation rate, radius and gravity)
- Generalized description of atmospheric thermodynamics (e.g. ability to increase surface pressure and change proportions of major atmospheric constituents).
- Improve input and output package, based on netCDF
- Dynamic sea ice model