Slarti - the FOAM boundary condition generator/editor
Slarti is a boundary condition generator/editor for
an input mask, topography, and/or bathymetry, Slarti will generate all the
necessary boundary condition files for FOAM's components which
require them (atmosphere, land, and ocean) and guarantee consistency
between them. Slarti also allows point-by-point editing of boundary
fields with a GUI.
Slarti requires a Java 1.6 or later runtime environment to run.
You can get Java from www.java.com.
Slarti 1.7 -released May, 2009
Download and untar/unzip one of the files below.
To run, type "java -jar -noverify Slarti.jar"
Information about how to use Slarti is available from the Help menu in the application.
You can also view the Help menu contents here.
Instructions for setting up FOAM to do an initial run from Slarti output can be found here.
Please send suggestions and bug reports to Sheri Mickelson email@example.com
- 1.0.0: released June, 2004
- 1.0.1: released Aug, 2004
- fix bug in opening cases.
- 1.1.0: released Feb, 2005
- Bug fixes for "compare and match" feature.
- New "Tools" menu.
- Improve river direction algorithm and add tool to find "lakes" under "Tools" menu.
- Remove bad assumptions about pathnames for files in an existing case. You can
now open an old case anywhere on your filesystem and Slarti will find all files.
- Bathymetry values between 0 and thickness of first level are set to ocean.
- 1.1.1: released Mar, 2005
- Ask about saving before exiting.
- 1.2: released May, 2005
- New view to edit ocean levels individualy
- 1.3: released Oct, 2005
- Allow definition of an "ocean" surface thermal type. These
are not handled by the ocean model but are treated as water for
- Define initial values for atmosphere files. Can use
analytic values or transfer from another NetCDF file.
This should remove the need to use slarti2ccm.F90
- 1.4: internal release
- Show cells with no current at each ocean level
- Save name includes path
- Show land mask at each ocean level.
- Output coupler files in NetCDF
- Bug fixes: name of mask file. Correct values for hybrid levels.
- 1.5: released May, 2006
- When adding ocean, set starting depth.
- Help appears in front when selected.
- (Source only: images in separate directory)
- 1.6: released April, 2008
- Can edit ocean with 24 or 32 levels
- Extra error checking
- Bug fixes
- 1.7: released May, 2009
Slarti development is supported by the Climate Systems Center
- Bug fix for reading bath/topo with 32 levels
- Bug fix for writing out lat,lon twice.
- Bug fixes for Java 1.6
More CSC projects
Back to FOAM home page
More FOAM User Resources