A completed application includes the following:
- Personal information section
- At least 3 letters of recommendation (can be submitted online)
- GRE and TOEFL scores (see below)
- Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (uploaded via the online application). Admitted students will need to provide official copies of all transcripts prior to matriculation.
- Statement of academic purpose
The Department requires that all applicants take the GRE General test. Although the Department does not require specific scores on the GRE, the Admissions Committee would like to see scores in the top 15 percent.
To send your GRE scores to the Department, please use institution code 1832 and any of the following department codes: 0501, 0502, 0503, 0504, 0505, 0506.
For more information on the GRE, please see their site.
English Language Requirement
Students whose native language is not English are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
The minimum required score on the TOEFL is 22 in each section with a 95 overall. To send your TOEFL scores to the Department, please use institution code 1832 and department code 71.
The minimum required IELTS score is 7 in each section and a 7 overall.
For more information, please refer to the Office of International Affairs.