To see day and time listings for courses on offer, or to view prior quarters, please refer to MyUChicago.
To see a complete listing for of all courses in the Department, as well as degree requirements, please refer to the college catalog listings for the Geophysical Sciences and Environmental Science majors or to the graduate catalog.
In 2022, students are eligible to apply for a graduate traineeship program in Data Science in Energy and Environmental Research.
Suggested Courses in other Departments
Some students have found the following courses helpful in their Ph.D. study.
- 20000-20100 This analysis sequence is designed for students intending to major in the physical sciences
- 22000 Statistical Methods and Their Applications
- 33000. Mathematical Methods of Physics. Topics include complex analysis, linear algebra, differential equations, boundary value problems, and special functions.
- 26100 Quantum Mechanics
- 26200 Thermodynamics
- 26300 Chemical Kinetics and Dynamics
- 26800 Computational Chemistry and Biology
- 22000 Stat Methods and Applications
- 33560 Chaos and Predictability
- 33600 Time Dependent Data
- BIOS 23404 Reconstructing the Tree of Life: An Introduction to Phylogenetics
- Scientific Illustration
- ENGL 33000 Academic and Professional Writing (The Little Red Schoolhouse)